How do I vote early or absentee?

Any registered voter can request (and track the status of) an early/absentee ballot by accessing Vermont’s My Voter Page.

You may also request an early/absentee ballot through a direct request to the Town Clerk via phone, email, mail, or in-person during office hours.  You can download/print the Vermont absentee ballot request form (PDF). A single form may be used to make requests for absentee ballots for local, primary, and general elections during one single calendar year, if the “mail to” address is the same for those elections.  Please note that a new request must be made each year.

Early/Absentee ballots should be returned (by mail, in-person or 24-hour drop box) to the Town Clerk’s office as soon as you complete it or brought to the polling place before 7:00 p.m. on the day of the election, in order to be counted.  Please note that post marks are not accepted.

For other questions regarding absentee/early voting, check the Secretary of State’s Absentee Voting FAQ by clicking here.

Show All Answers

1. When is the next election?
2. Am I eligible to vote?
3. Am I registered to vote?
4. What is Vermont's "My Voter Page"?
5. Where do I vote?
6. What is going to be on the ballot?
7. Will my ballot be automatically mailed to me?
8. How do I vote early or absentee?
9. How do I return my ballot?
10. Where can I find Milton's election results?
11. Who is in office now?
12. How do I run for local office?
13. Other questions?