At the Town of Milton, the safety and well-being of staff, residents and visitors is always our priority. We recognize that we are here to assist you, your families and our emergency service responders. We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation and taking steps to help keep our staff and residents safe.
The Milton Municipal Building has re-opened to the public as of Tuesday, June 1. Normal business hours have resumed - Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Masks are encouraged. Appointments are encouraged when possible, and the 24-hour drop box located at the main entrance remains a convenient option to leave items for all departments.
Access to Milton Land Records is now available at miltonvt.gov, or in-person, by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Milton Public Library will reopen, by appointment only, for browsing and computer use on June 1. Curbside pickup is available as well as online resources and programs. Visit miltonlibraryvt.org for more information.
We are closely monitoring and encourage all residents to follow updates and guidance from the Vermont Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies, public health officials and government agencies on an ongoing basis.
Department Specific Information
- Assessors are conducting as much business by phone and email as possible to limit appointments, and inspections are being done with advance notice.
Boards & Commissions
- Town Boards & Commissions are currently meeting in-person and by teleconference. The public is encouraged to participate.
- No public access to the Fire Department is allowed except for crew currently on duty.
Milton Public Library
- Milton Public Library is open to the public as of July 8, no appointment necessary, for 30 minute intervals, on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays curbside pickup is available. Call the Library at 802-893-4644 if you have questions.
Milton Town School District
- Milton Town School buildings and outdoor facilities including all playgrounds and tracks may be closed to the public. Visit the Milton Town School District website for information.
Planning and Zoning Department
- The Planning & Zoning Department is now open to the public during normal business hours. We do recommend scheduling an appointment via phone call or email, so we can ensure all your questions are answered during your visit.
- Regulations (Unified Development Regulations) can be found here.
- Applications, forms, and fee schedules can be found here. You can submit applications and fees in-person, via email/online or mail.
Public Works Department
- The Public Works Department continues to maintain highways, roads, water and wastewater system.
- No activating water shutoffs or replacing meters until further notice.
- Highway staff have been divided into two crews, working independently.
- Water & Wastewater staff have been divided into two independent crews and Chief operator working remotely.
- The Recreation Department will hold in-person programs and events with limitations and safety precautions in place. All current State of Vermont guidelines will be followed.
- All parks and trails are open for use with proper precautions. Users must adhere strictly to all current State of Vermont safety guidelines while visiting parks and natural areas.
- The Rescue Department will respond to all emergency 911 calls, with new procedures:
- Rescue members will arrive wearing a variety of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), depending on the patient's symptoms. This may include a respirator, surgical gown, surgical mask, gloves, a face shield, and/or goggles.
- Rescue crew decontaminates all equipment after every call, even if there are no symptoms.
- No public access to the Rescue Department is allowed except for crew on duty.
Town Clerk & Treasurer
- Services are available online and in modified ways, including Dog Licenses, Tax & Water Payments, Green Mountain Passports, Tax Bills, Vital Records & Marriage Licenses, Land Record Research, Assessor/Lister Cards.
- Residents are encouraged to utilize online payments and outside drop box for payments.
- Title searchers allowed by appointment only.