Community Champion Award Committee
Karlo Salminen Community Champion 2017
Community Members Making Outstanding Contributions
The Town of Milton’s Community Champion Award honors community members who, through their volunteer efforts, have significantly enhanced our community with their commitment, leadership, and service to others.
Recipients must possess some of the following attributes and ideals:
- Dedicates a significant amount of volunteer time to projects/programs
- Makes a significant contribution to a project, program, or ongoing activity that enhances the community
- Demonstrates a passion and commitment to creating a healthy and vibrant community
- Provides leadership and/or opportunities for collaboration
- Serves as a role model
- Exemplifies the spirit of a good citizen or organization
- Serves a vital role that is not otherwise fulfilled in the community
- Inspires others to engage in community service
Award will be given to an individual, a group, or an organization. All nominees will remain eligible for this award for 3 years, including the first year they are nominated. A committee appointed by the Milton Selectboard will review nominations. Nominators of the finalists may be contacted and asked to further support their nominee’s accomplishments at a short interview. The committee will meet to consider nominations and will make recommendations to the Selectboard. Winners will be announced at Milton’s National Night Out celebration, scheduled for the first Tuesday in August.
Deadline for submitting nominations is June 15.
The Milton Community Champion Nomination Form can be submitted online.
Hard copies of the Nomination Form are also available at the Milton Public Library. Drop off or mail hard copies to:
43 Bombardier Rd.
Milton, VT 05468
For more information email the Selection Committee.